Ran, Chair of the firm’s Israel Practice, represents public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, and private equity financing transactions, as well as in technology licensing and large-scale outsourcing transactions. Ran counsels clients in telecommunications, software, healthcare IT, financial services, and various other industries.
Ran's focus is on the structuring, negotiating, and drafting of private and public merger, acquisition, and private equity transactions, as well as large-scale domestic and cross-border IT and outsourcing transactions. Frequently, Ran represents clients in transactions that require the attention of extensive multi-disciplinary teams of Mintz attorneys. Ran represents leading financial services institutions in transactions where our clients outsource core, regulated business functions to industry-leading vendors. Ran also represents software and IT services providers in transactions for the development, commercialization and licensing of IT platforms to enterprise customers through various structures. From the initial RFP stages through execution of contracts, implementation and transition, Ran provides structuring and business advice as well as legal advice.
Ran also provides advice to US clients and attorneys on matters involving Israeli issuers, buyers, and sellers, and trends and resources relevant to US participants in Israel's venture capital and high-technology industry.
- College of Management Law School (LLB)
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Humedica's sale to UnitedHealth Group
- Piramal Healthcare Limited's $635 million purchase of Decision Resources Group
- iMDsoft’s $60 million sale to TPG
- Management buyout of private equity-backed printing company
- Sale of assets of software start-up to Facebook
- Sale of software company to large Israeli strategic buyer
- Merger of Arbinet Corporation with Primus Telecommunications
- Sale of PE-backed medical device manufacturer to a leading public company provider of medical devices and related services
- Naurex’s sale to Allergan
- Leerink Swann’s sale of the assets of Leerink Swann Consulting to NCI Healthcare
- John Hancock Financial Network’s purchase of Symetra Investment Services
- C&S Wholesale Grocers’ purchase of the assets of Associated Wholesalers
- C&S Wholesale Grocers’ purchase of the assets of Davidson Co., Inc.
- John Hancock Financial Network’s purchase of the assets of Transamerica Financial Advisors
- Princeton Lightwave's sale to Argo AI, a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company
Licensing and Outsourcing
- Represented a Health IT software provider in licensing a core platform to a Fortune 20 customer to support a new line of business
- Represented client in a software platform integration agreement with a worldwide leading software and services integrator
- Represented large fund company in enterprise-wide fund administration outsourcing agreement with a leading provider
- Represented large financial institution in the outsourcing of a critical, regulatory business function to an industry-leading service provider
- Represented large financial institution in the simultaneous outsourcing of two core regulated business functions to an industry-leading service provider
- Member, Israeli Bar Association
- Member, New York Bar Association