Lexie focuses her practice on complex litigation, achieving successful results for clients in the areas of antitrust, real estate, insurance, and commercial disputes. Lexie is an experienced trial lawyer in federal and state court, having participated in bench and jury trials across the United States. She works closely with clients to coordinate strategy at both the trial and appellate levels. Lexie represents a wide range of clients, including those from the healthcare, financial, and manufacturing industries.
Lexie maintains a robust pro bono practice focused on providing legal assistance to clients with outstanding cases in family court or facing immigration challenges. Most recently, she successfully served as lead trial counsel in a pro bono custody case in New Jersey Family Court, which centered on challenging immigration issues.
Prior to joining Mintz, Lexie worked as a litigation associate for an international law firm, where she focused on competition matters. Prior to law school, Lexie participated in the Fulbright Program as an English teaching assistant in Italy.
- Currently representing a New England-based mutual insurance company in a bad faith claim case pending in Rhode Island State Court.
- Served on trial team in federal antitrust jury trial of a nationwide class action alleging global price fixing in sales of capacitors.
- Represented Qiagen N.V. as part of the antitrust counsel team in its $11 billion sale to Thermo Fisher Scientific, announced in March 2020.
- Successfully defended Neurotrope Biotechnology Inc in a securities class action case, achieving a complete victory at the motion to dismiss stage.
- Served as lead trial counsel in arbitration proceedings, obtaining full dismissal of all charges against professional sports team in a matter alleging variety of contract and tort claims.
- Obtained full dismissal on motion to dismiss in real estate matter pending in New York Supreme Court.
- Represented international client, successfully obtaining determination by International Trade Commission, later affirmed by the Federal Circuit, barring importation of infringing products.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of commercial client in a contract dispute in New York State Court.
Opening the Door to the New Beginning
January 10, 2022 | Article
Busy Week for the FTC Shows Aspirations of and Limitations on Chair Khan’s Enforcement Agenda
July 9, 2021 | Blog | By Bruce Sokler, Joseph Miller, Alexandra Gallo-Cook
Executive Orders, Administrative Court Orders, and Legislation: The Ever-Changing NY Landscape on Foreclosures, Evictions, and Out-of-State Travel [Updated August 25, 2020]
August 26, 2020 | Blog | By Therese Doherty, Alexandra Gallo-Cook
New NYC Legislation Prohibits Enforcement of Personal Liability Provisions in Commercial Leases
June 4, 2020 | Blog | By Therese Doherty, Alexandra Gallo-Cook
UPDATED: New York State Stays Evictions and Foreclosures Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
May 22, 2020 | Blog | By Therese Doherty, Alexandra Gallo-Cook
New York Legislature Introduces Bill to Waive Certain Rent and Mortgage Payments for 90 Days in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
March 26, 2020 | | By Therese Doherty, Alexandra Gallo-Cook
New York State Stays Residential and Commercial Evictions and Foreclosures Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
March 25, 2020 | Alert | By Therese Doherty, Alexandra Gallo-Cook
New York on Pause: What Landlords Need to Know
March 24, 2020 | Blog | By Alexandra Gallo-Cook, Jennifer Kiely
News & Press
Twenty-six Mintz Attorneys Recognized as 2022 New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
September 29, 2022
Recognition & Awards
- New York Super Lawyers- Rising Stars (2022)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Committee Member, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society