Rebecca is a preeminent commercial real estate lawyer who skillfully steers developers, lenders, companies, and nonprofit organizations through a wide array of real estate transactions and matters. She has particular expertise in land use law and development permitting in the Greater Boston area, and she frequently draws on her earlier experience as chief of staff / special counsel to the director of the Boston Redevelopment Authority — now known as the Boston Planning & Development Agency. Her practice encompasses a broad range of acquisitions / dispositions, condominium creation, financing, as well as development permitting.
Rebecca is Chair of the firm’s Real Estate Development Practice. She represents corporations, developers, lenders and nonprofit organizations in a range of real estate matters, including financing, leasing, the procurement of entitlements, property dispositions, condominium creation, site acquisitions and assemblages, and related tax incentive transactions.
Rebecca has extensive experience relating to land use and development permitting in the Greater Boston area. She previously served as Chief of Staff/Special Counsel to the Director at the Boston Redevelopment Authority, where she was responsible for policy development, overseeing development reviews, negotiating acquisitions and dispositions, and representing the agency in financing transactions.
Rebecca is an avid baseball fan and regularly participates as a pianist in the Chamber Music Conference of the East at Bennington College.
- Brandeis University (BA, cum laude)
- Yale University (JD)
- John F. Kennedy School of Government (MPA)
- Represented a joint venture in the development of two branded hotels in a full range of real estate and permitting matters, including the ground lease of a publicly-owned property
- Represented multiple for-profit and nonprofit developers in mixed-income developments which include substantial affordable housing and multiple public subordinate loans as well as Low Income Housing Tax Credit equity
- Represented a public charter school in its New Market Tax Credit and tax exempt bond financing for a new facility
- Representing an institutional lender making a mortgage loan on a major multi-family residential project.
Recognition & Awards
- YW Boston Academy of Women Achievers (2017)
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (2007–2019)
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Real Estate list (2004, 2009–2018)
- Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate Law (2018 – 2020)
- 2017 Networking Award (One Greenway Project) - CREW Boston
- American Lawyer Media and Martindale Hubbell: Top Rated Lawyer in Land Use and Zoning (2013–2014)
- Bisnow: one of the 50 Most Influential Women in Boston Commercial Real Estate (2015)
- Boston Business Journal’s Advancing Women Event: Legacy Award (2014)
- Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts: Founders Award (2013)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Steering Committee, Ricesticks and Tea Asian Food Pantry
- Trustee, Eastern Bank
- Member, Yale Law School New England Steering Committee
- Member, WGBH Finance Committee
- Member, Boston Harbor Now Advisory Board
- Member, Lexis Real Estate Practice Advisory Board
- Member, Asian Community Development Corporation Board of Directors
- Member, CREW Boston
- Past President, Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts
- Past Northeast Regional Governor, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, Greenway Conservancy Board