Scott is a corporate attorney with extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, corporate governance, and general corporate matters. His experience includes: structuring and negotiating M&A deals of all sizes; leading public and private securities transactions; serving as primary outside counsel to public and private companies; and advising clients on SEC compliance and other governance matters. He represents companies, boards of directors, and board committees in a wide variety of industries, including software, medical devices, life sciences, semiconductors, manufacturing, consumer products, insurance and financial services.
In the M&A side of his practice, Scott handles public company mergers, tender offers, hostile takeovers, and many other types of strategic acquisitions and divestitures. His capital markets capabilities include representing issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings of debt and equity securities. He also guides clients through initial public offerings (IPOs), private investment in public equity (PIPE) transactions, registered direct offerings, bond offerings, private placements, and venture financings.
Prior to joining Mintz, Scott was a partner in the San Diego office of a global law firm, where he served as chair of the firm’s global corporate practice group from 2010 to 2013. Earlier, he practiced at a California law firm that focused on serving technology and biotechnology clients.
April 30, 2020 | Advisory | By Matthew Gardella, Scott M. Stanton, David G. Conway
News & Press
November 14, 2022
April 1, 2021
Events & Speaking
Corporate Directors Forum
San Diego, CA
View the Webinar Recording
Essentials of Corporate Directorship: Preparing for Your First Board Seat
3580 Carmel Mountain Rd #300 San Diego, CA 92130
Recognition & Awards
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States (2012 – 2014)
- Best Lawyers in America: San Diego Securities / Capital Markets Law Lawyer of the Year (2020)
- Best Lawyers in America: San Diego Mergers and Acquisitions Law Lawyer of the Year (2019)
- Included on the San Diego Super Lawyers Business/Corporate list (2019 – 2022)
- Best Lawyers in America: San Diego Mergers and Acquisitions Law Lawyer of the Year (2023)
- Best Lawyers in America: Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2007 – 2023); Securities / Capital Markets Law (2013 – 2023); Corporate Governance Law (2023)
- Recognized on the Modern Governance 100 list (2019)
- Included on the Super Lawyers list: (2007 – 2016, 2018)
- C. Hugh Friedman Director of the Year award, Corporate Directors Forum (2015)
- San Diego Business Journal 2019 Leaders in Law - Mergers and Acquisitions