Dinesh is a transactional attorney who advises US and international clients in all types of corporate matters. His practice encompasses M&A transactions, strategic investments, entity formation, and angel, seed, and venture financings – topics on which he regularly guest lectures at institutions such as MIT Sloan School of Management, The Broad Institute, MassChallenge, and The Capital Network. In project finance matters, he represents sponsors and investors in connection with the development of —and M&A transactions involving — electric generation facilities. Dinesh boasts significant international experience and abilities, including fluency in French and Sindhi and conversational abilities in Hindi.
Dinesh serves as a strategic advisor to US and international clients in an array of corporate transactions in the technology, health care, life sciences and energy sectors. He advises public, private, and emerging growth companies on entity formation, angel, seed, and venture capital financings, and mergers and acquisitions, as well as other general corporate matters. He also regularly represents strategic investors in connection with venture capital investments.
He regularly guest lectures to entrepreneurs and start-ups on the topics of entity formation and angel, seed, and venture financings at institutions such as MIT Sloan School of Management, The Broad Institute, MassChallenge and The Capital Network.
In project finance matters, Dinesh represents equity investors and sponsors in matters involving the development of traditional and renewable electric generation facilities, as well as with merger and acquisition transactions involving such power production assets.
Earlier in his career, Dinesh was seconded to the legal department of Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and the Tokyo office of an international law firm. In that role, Dinesh managed legal affairs associated with Mitsui’s diverse lines of business in North, Central, and South America. His significant experience in India and Japan has provided Dinesh with valuable insight into the nuances of Indian and Japanese business culture and negotiating styles.
Before he joined Mintz, Dinesh was a corporate partner in the Boston office of an international law firm.
- McGill University (BCL, with honors)
- McGill University (LLB, with honors)
- Concordia University (BA, with honors)
- Represented eBay in connection with the sale of its holdings in Flipkart to Walmart.
- Represented eBay in connection with the sale of its India based e-commerce business to Flipkart, along with its simultaneous investment in Flipkart. Named a 2017 M&A Deal of the Year (India Business Law Journal).
- Represented eBay in numerous strategic investments.
- Represented Oracle Corp. in a wide variety of acquisitions: TOA Technologies; Greenbytes; Silver Creek Systems; Secerno Limited (UK); Passlogix, Inc.; Datanomic Ltd. (UK); FatWire Corp.; SelectMinds, Inc.; DataRaker, Inc.; Nimbula, Inc.; Bitzer Mobile, Inc.; BigMachines, Inc.; Tekelec Global; Palerra; and substantially all of the assets of Skire, Inc., among others.
- Represented Bionpharma Inc., a developer and distributor of prescription-based generic drugs, in an acquisition of substantially all assets of former Patheon Inc. subsidiary Banner Life Sciences LLC.
- Represented Ipca Laboratories (BSE: IPCALAB) subsidiaries, Ipca Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (US) and Onyx Scientific Limited (UK) in the acquisition of Pisgah Labs, Inc., a contract manufacturer and developer of APIs.
- Represented Merck Animal Health in connection with several strategic investments in technology-focused emerging companies in the animal health sector.
- Represented Advanced Power in its $1.584 billion project financing for the development of the Cricket Valley Energy Center project and its $899 million project financing for the construction of the Carroll County Energy project.
- Represented Cogentrix Energy in its acquisition of the 122 MW Midway natural gas-fired plant in Firebaugh, Calif., from an affiliate of Starwood Energy Group Global LLC.
- Represented Atlantic Power Corp. in its acquisition of Ridgeline Energy Holdings, LLC, from Eolfi S.A., a European renewable power company majority owned by Veolia Environment SA. Ridgeline’s assets included 150 net MW in wind projects and a development pipeline of 1,000 MW of solar and wind projects.
Recognition & Awards
- Named to the Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (2014-2015)
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Finance and Project Finance (2017)
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association