Co-chair of the firm’s Technology Practice, Will has more than 20 years of experience representing US and international clients in a variety of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, venture financings and other partnering and licensing transactions. With a particular focus on strategic investments, Will has closed over $1.0 billion in strategic investments for leading, global technology businesses.
Will regularly works with founders on entity formation and financing strategy, including angel, seed and venture investments. As an advisor to many emerging and developmental stage companies, in addition to day-to-day corporate counseling and strategic advice to his clients, Will regularly advises on a variety of business transactions, including technology licensing, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and public offerings. In addition, Will has significant private equity experience representing both family offices and funds in the acquisition of manufacturing and other businesses.
Will regularly guest lectures to entrepreneurs and start-ups on the topics of entity formation and seed and venture financings at MIT’s Sloan School of Management, The Broad Institute, MassChallenge and The Capital Network.
Before joining Mintz, Will was a corporate partner in the Boston office of an international law firm.
- University of Virginia (JD)
- Harvard College (BA, cum laude)
Recognition & Awards
- Named a Top Corporate Nominee, 2018 Boston Founders’ Short List
- Super Lawyers: Included on the list of Massachusetts Rising Stars (2005 – 2008, 2010)
- The Legal 500 United States: Recommended, M&A/corporate and commercial – Venture capital and emerging companies (2013, 2017, 2021)
- Member, Boston Bar Association