Dan is a highly regarded commercial real estate lawyer who guides clients through all aspects of buying, selling, developing, permitting, financing, and investing in real estate projects. He counsels developers, owners, and operators in Greater Boston, who value his terrific business judgment throughout complex projects. His clients include real estate investment companies, corporate and institutional users, national and regional developers, opportunity funds pension advisors, and sponsors and investors in joint ventures. He has served as lead counsel for many of the most significant development projects in the Greater Boston area in recent years.
Dan has extensive experience acquiring and selling commercial properties of all types. His work includes the management of an acquisition program for a public shopping center REIT; the acquisition and disposition of office buildings, apartments, industrial, and retail properties for private real estate investment funds; and numerous other multiproperty and multistate transactions.
His significant development practice focuses on site control, acquisition, planning, and permitting and includes large-scale development projects with complex zoning and land use issues. Dan also applies his land use experience to advise developers of both market rate and affordable multifamily housing projects.
Dan manages a multistate leasing program for a national real estate investment fund. His commercial leasing experience extends to office/research and development campuses, large retail properties, such as big box stores and power centers, and office parks.
Dan also represents lenders and borrowers in various types of financing and shared investment transactions, from conventional, property-specific mortgage loans to mezzanine loans, preferred equity investments, and joint ventures. He served as Co-chair of the firm’s Real Estate Practice for over five years.
- Boston College (JD)
- College of the Holy Cross (BA)
- Counseled multinational media company on all aspects of its acquisition and development of $125M broadcast center and regional headquarters in Greater Boston.
Recognition & Awards
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts – Real Estate (2012 – 2021)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Real Estate list (2010 – 2020)
- Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate (2015 – 2021)
- Past member, Town of Hamilton Housing Partnership Committee
- Past president and board member, Hamilton-Wenham Education Fund
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association