Dan is a highly regarded commercial real estate lawyer who capably handles all aspects of buying, selling, developing, permitting, financing, and investing in commercial real estate. He serves as lead counsel for developers, owners, and operators in Greater Boston, manages leasing for a national real estate investment company — and handles major project development, advising clients on zoning, permitting, and land use issues. His clients include real estate investment companies, corporate and institutional users, national and regional developers, and sponsors and investors in joint ventures.
Dan's experience covers all aspects of commercial real estate, including acquisitions and sales, development, permitting, leasing, and financing. He represents developers, owners, and operators of real estate. His clients include national and local developers, opportunity funds, pension advisors, and several real estate entrepreneurs.
He has extensive experience acquiring and selling commercial properties of all types. His experience includes the management of an acquisition program for a public shopping center REIT; the acquisition and disposition of office buildings, apartments, industrial, and retail properties for private real estate investment funds; and numerous other multiproperty and multistate transactions.
Dan manages a multistate leasing program for a national real estate investment fund. His commercial leasing experience extends to large retail properties, such as big box stores and power centers, office parks, and office/research and development campuses.
He also has extensive experience in development and land use, including both market rate and affordable multifamily housing projects. His development practice focuses on site control, acquisition, planning, and permitting and includes large-scale developments with complex zoning and land use issues.
Dan also represents lenders and borrowers in various types of financing and shared investment transactions, from conventional, property-specific mortgage loans to mezzanine loans, preferred equity investments, and joint ventures. Dan served as Co-chair of the firm’s Real Estate Practice for over five years.
- Boston College (JD)
- College of the Holy Cross (BA)
- Counseled multinational media company on all aspects of its acquisition and development of $125M broadcast center and regional headquarters in Greater Boston.
Recognition & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts – Real Estate (2012 – 2019)
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Real Estate list (2010 – 2018)
- Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate (2015 – 2019)
- Past member, Town of Hamilton Housing Partnership Committee
- Past president and board member, Hamilton-Wenham Education Fund
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association