Jeremy has over three decades of experience guiding life sciences and technology companies in their growth and financing strategies. He routinely assists his clients in public offerings, angel and venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, and SEC compliance. His experiences as an executive at a technology company and an investment fund facilitates his ability to provide practical business as well as legal advice. Jeremy also drives content for the MintzEdge website, an online resource for entrepreneurs.
Jeremy serves as Co-chair of the firm’s Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Practice. Jeremy regularly represents technology-based companies principally in the life sciences, software, mobile applications, and clean energy fields. He represents both issuers and underwriters in a wide variety of securities transactions, including IPOs, secondary offerings, and private placements, and represents venture capital firms, hedge funds and their portfolio companies in venture capital and PIPE financings. He has deep experience representing buyers and sellers in acquisitions and dispositions of public and private companies. Jeremy is also a key contributor to MintzEdge, an online resource for entrepreneurs that includes useful tools and information for starting and growing a company.
Jeremy routinely assists his clients in growing their businesses and obtaining financing, guiding companies from initial organization through angel and venture capital financings, initial public offerings, strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions.
Jeremy brings a unique combination of practical legal and business experience to his clients, having served as general counsel and a partner at Sterling Stamos Capital Management, LP, an investment management company managing hedge funds and a private equity fund, and as a member of the senior management team of Medibuy.com, Inc., a Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia, and Oak venture-backed B2B software company focused on the health care services industry. Jeremy is a member of the board of directors of REBOOT! National Veterans Transition Service, Inc. (NVTSI) and the board of directors of the USS Midway Museum. NVTSI is a San Diego-based not-for-profit organization dedicated to assisting veterans in adjusting to civilian life and securing meaningful employment.
- Harvard Law School (JD)
- Duke University (BA)
Recognition & Awards
- San Diego Business Journal: San Diego 500 - The Book of Influential Business Leaders (2017 – 2019)
- San Diego Super Lawyers: Securities & Corporate Finance (2010 – 2014, 2019 – 2020)
- San Diego Business Journal: "Best of the Bar" (2014, 2015)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States as “highly reputed” for Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (2014)
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Venture Capital & Emerging Companies (2014 – 2017)
- Best Lawyers in America: San Diego Mergers & Acquisitions Law Lawyer of the Year (2020)
- Best Lawyers in America: San Diego Venture Capital Law Lawyer of the Year (2016)
- San Diego Daily Transcript: "Top Attorneys" Corporate Transactional (2008 – 2010, 2012 – 2013)
- Best Lawyers in America: Venture Capital Law (2013 – 2020); Mergers & Acquisitions Law (2016 – 2020); Corporate Law (2013 – 2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, San Diego Bar Association Business & Corporate Law Section
- Board member, San Diego Venture Group
- Board member, USS Midway Museum
- Board of directors, REBOOT! National Veterans Transition Service, Inc. (2012 - 2018)
- President, San Diego Venture Group (2003)