Whether you are interested in the development, leasing, financing, or sale of a data center or colocation facility, it is no ordinary real estate transaction. These facilities have exacting requirements that can make siting their operations and negotiating associated real estate and information technology transactions difficult. It takes counsel with the relevant experience and knowledge to effectively advocate on your behalf.
Our attorneys have handled hundreds of data center and colocation facility transactions on both the landlord and tenant sides throughout the United States, including the acquisition, development, sale, and financing of data center, colocation, and other telecommunications properties. We bring a deep understanding of these facilities and the technology to every transaction — an advantage that very few law firms can provide. By speaking directly with the parties’ information technology and engineering professionals, we are able to understand and implement their requirements in a manner that works for you and to negotiate a lease or colocation agreement and a service-level agreement that protects your interests.
- National practice facilitating data center real estate transactions since 1990
- Real estate and communications clients including property owners, data center owners and operators, colocation companies, radio and TV stations, service providers, and tenants
- Represented hundreds of landlords, tenants, and colocation companies and customers in lease transactions and agreements throughout the United States
- Negotiated several of the largest data center / carrier hotel leases in the New York City metropolitan area
- Attorneys who frequently publish articles, speak at conferences, and are sources in national media outlets on communications and real estate topics
- Developed, acquired, leased, financed, and sold millions of square feet of data center, carrier hotel, switch facility, and colocation space
Areas of Focus
- Development, leasing, financing, and sale of data center, communications switch, carrier hotel, and colocation facilities for both property owners and tenants
- Negotiation of colocation master service and service-level agreements
- Fiber-optic agreements, including indefeasible rights of use, easements, leases, and building access agreements