Jean focuses her practice on health care transactional, regulatory, and enforcement defense matters. She represents a variety of clients across the health care industry, including hospitals, physician organizations, health care systems, and long-term and urgent care providers.
Jean’s health care industry transactions experience includes representing a Fortune 250 kidney care company and providers of radiology services. She also has experience in health care enforcement defense, supporting clients undergoing federal and state agency investigations. She regularly advises on health care regulatory topics, including telehealth, scope of practice, and the corporate practice of medicine. Additionally, she advises clients in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries on FDA regulatory and compliance matters.
Jean is a Senior Fellow for the Gitenstein Institute of Health Law and Policy at the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University. She frequently speaks at Hofstra University events focused on building a career in health law and mentors law students interested in pursuing the field.
Prior to joining Mintz, Jean was an associate at a Long Island, New York-based boutique law firm that serves the health care industry, where she counseled clients on a broad range of health care compliance and health care litigation matters. During law school, Jean focused her professional and academic experiences on health law. She held legal internships a national pediatric urgent care practice, a major nonprofit health care system in New York, and the Health Care Bureau of the New York State Attorney General’s Office. Upon law school graduation, she received the Excellence in Health Law Award and earned a Master of Public Health through her law school’s joint-degree program.
September 13, 2023 | Blog | By Jean D. Mancheno
August 9, 2023 | Blog | By Benjamin Zegarelli, Jean D. Mancheno
July 20, 2023 | Blog | By Jean D. Mancheno, Sophia Temis
May 11, 2023 | Blog | By Jean D. Mancheno, Cody Keetch, Pamela Polevoy
April 28, 2023 | Blog | By Joanne Hawana, Jean D. Mancheno
The End of the Federal COVID-19 Public Health Emergency is Near: What to Expect as HHS Transitions beyond the Emergency Phase
April 27, 2023 | Blog | By Jean D. Mancheno, Sophia Temis
March 1, 2023 | Blog | By Jean D. Mancheno, Pamela Polevoy, Lara Compton
January 3, 2023 | Blog | By Joanne Hawana, Jean D. Mancheno
New Year, New Laws: Changes to New York Health Care Provider Staffing Laws Taking Effect in January 2023
November 30, 2022 | Blog | By Cody Keetch, Jean D. Mancheno
News & Press
MoCRA- Industry Must Prepare For Mandatory Adverse Event Reporting And Safety Substantiation Now: Expert
January 11, 2023
May 1, 2021
Racial Disparities in Payment Source of Opioid Use Disorder Treatment among Non-Incarcerated Justice-Involved Adults in the United States
February 1, 2020
Any Man Can Be A Father, But Should A Dead Man Be A Dad?: An Approach To The Formal Legalization Of Posthumous Sperm Retrieval And Posthumous Reproduction In The United States
April 1, 2019
- Co-author, An Examination of State Trends in Facility Fee Legislation as New York’s Public Health Law § 2830 Takes Effect, New York State Bar Association’s Health Law Journal (September 2023)*
- Co-author, An Overview of the Office of Medicaid Inspector General’s Proposed Medicaid Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Prevention Regulations, New York State Bar Association’s Health Law Journal (January 2023)*
- Co-author, Avoiding Pandemic Predicaments, Outpatient Surgery Magazine (May 2021)
- Co-author, Racial Disparities in Payment Source of Opioid Use Disorder Treatment among Non-Incarcerated Justice-Involved Adults in the United States, Journal of Mental Health Policy and Economics (March 2020)
- Author, Any Man Can Be a Father, but Should a Dead Man Be a Dad?: An Approach to the Formal Legalization of Posthumous Sperm Retrieval and Posthumous Reproduction in the United States, Hofstra Law Review (Fall 2018)
*Reprinted with permission from the New York State Bar Association © 2023.Read less
- Member, American Health Law Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association