Marc’s practice focuses on corporate and securities law matters, primarily for companies engaged in the technology ecosystem. Marc represents private and public companies, investors, underwriters, and other parties in a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, and debt financings.
He has extensive experience representing venture-backed and closely held companies and private equity firms in middle-market mergers and acquisitions transactions across a broad range of industries, including technology and software, medical device and life sciences, industrial and manufacturing, and retail and consumer products. His experience includes strategic acquisitions and divestitures, private equity transactions, complex earn-out arrangements, cross-border deals, equity and debt financings, and recapitalizations.
Marc also routinely serves as a trusted advisor to both domestic and non US-based companies in the establishment of new businesses and the ongoing compliance with US corporate and securities laws and other regulations related to the entities’ inbound transactions and business goals.
Before joining Mintz, Marc practiced in the Boston office of an international law firm. Prior to practicing law, he taught history and government at a private school in Maine.
- University of Virginia (JD)
- Williams College (BA, cum laude)
- Corindus Vascular Robotics (NYSE AM: CVRS) in common stock and preferred stock PIPE financings
- LPL Financial (NASDAQ: LPLA) in its acquisition of AdvisoryWorld
- Microbot Medical (NASDAQ: MBOT) in its reverse merger, going public transaction and several registered direct offerings
- KD Pharma, a German-based Omega-3 producer, in its merger with Marine Ingredients, its investment in Nutriceutical Holdings and its acquisition of the Ocean Blue brand assets
- Censa Pharmaceuticals in its strategic collaboration with Retrophin, Inc. (NASDAQ: RTRX), which included an exclusive option for Retrophin to acquire Censa
- JN Philips Auto Glass in a leveraged buyout by CenterOak Partners LLC
- Pieris Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: PIRS) in its reverse merger going-public transaction, and several subsequent public offering and PIPE financings
- Feeney Brothers Utility Services in its merger with DDS Companies, a provider of utility, engineering and telecommunications services
- C-4 Analytics, a digital marketing company, in its strategic partnership with BV Investment Partners
- Seventh Generation, a household products company, in its sale to Unilever (NYSE: UL)
- Greentech Media, an information services provider, in its sale to Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ: VRSK)
- Targacept, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRGT) in its reverse merger with Catalyst Biosciences
- True Office, an interactive learning and analytics company, in its sale to Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE), the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange
- A molecular diagnostics company, Allegro Diagnostics Corp., in its sale to Veracyte, Inc. (NASDAQ: VCYT)
- Boston Dynamics, a robotics company, in its sale to Google (NASDAQ: GOOG)
- Columbia Capital, in its strategic investment in IntelliBatt, a California-based battery backup and predictive services company
- Vortex Medical, a medical device company, in its sale to AngioDynamics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANGO)
- Natural foods maker, FoodShouldTasteGood, in its sale to General Mills (NYSE: GIS)
- Family owned distributor of personal grooming devices, The W.E. Bassett Company, in the acquisition by Pacific World Corporation, a portfolio company of Levine Leichtman Capital Partners
- Enanta Pharmaceuticals in its initial public offering
Recognition & Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star, Mergers & Acquisitions (2013 – 2015)
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for M&A: Middle-Market (2017)
- Co-chair, Business Transactions Section, Boston Bar Association
- Co-chair, Mergers & Acquisitions Subcommittee, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, America SCORES New England, a Boston nonprofit that provides youth soccer and literacy programs