Meghan leads the firm’s Public Finance Practice and counsels clients across the government and nonprofit sectors. She regularly serves as bond counsel and counsel to underwriters, borrowers, trustees, and purchasers in tax-exempt and taxable general obligation and revenue financings. Meghan has significant experience handling matters related to transportation, education, health care, economic development, project finance, sport franchises, water, and wastewater. She is a frequent speaker and panelist at industry workshops and conferences and currently serves as Vice President of the national board of Women in Public Finance. She also chairs Mintz’s multi-practice education industry team.
Meghan is the Section Head for the Public Finance Practice and the Chair of the firm's Education Practice. She has extensive experience in public finance and public agency representation, serving as bond counsel and as counsel to underwriters, borrowers, trustees, and purchasers in connection with tax-exempt and taxable general obligation and revenue financings related to transportation, higher education, health care, economic development, project finance, sport franchises, water, and wastewater. Meghan also has vast experience with interest rate swaps and other hedging transactions for governmental, 501(c)(3), and corporate clients.
Meghan also has extensive experience in the representation of institutional investors in high-yield project financings in both new money transactions and workouts. She is a frequent panelist at industry conferences.
Before entering law school, she worked as an investment banker in the Boston office of a major Wall Street firm.
- Northeastern University (JD)
- Oberlin College (BA)
- Served as bond and borrower counsel to College of the Holy Cross with respect to refunding bonds issued by the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency and bank loan amendments.
Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America: Public Finance Law (2009 – 2019)
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts (Band 2) – Banking & Finance: Public Finance (2012 – 2017)
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Bonds/Government Finance list (2013 – 2017)
- Member, Women in Public Finance, Inc.
- Director, FUEL Education
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL)
- Faculty member, NABL Fundamentals of Municipal Law
- Member, Tower School Board of Trustees, Marblehead, MA
- Past board member, NABL
- Chair, Bond Attorneys' Workshop 2007