Heightened interest in acquisitions. Buyout firms eyeing strong businesses. Funds looking to invest in the next wave of technologies. Enhanced openness for firms to raise funds. What are you waiting for? Where do you stand and where do you want to stand?
Mintz Levin has a long tradition of serving as trusted legal and business advisors to private equity and venture capital firms, investment companies, institutional and private investors, and other businesses seeking strategic expansion through investment in or acquisition of privately held and public companies. We have completed transactions varying in complexity — from simple acquisitions to intricate funding deals, from transactions involving single business units to complex, multistate, or international business operations.
We understand the challenges you face. Whether you are a fund looking to purchase, a family-owned business held for generations, or a larger public company, we work to apply our decades-long knowledge and know-how to your situation, concerns, and goals.
- 300+ growth equity transactions in the last five years with an aggregate value of over $2.7 billion
- Domestic, cross-border, and international private equity transactions ranging from less than $20 million to nearly $1 billion
- Regulated industries, including health care, information technology, and energy and clean technology
- Represent private equity investors, venture capital–backed businesses, and other venture capital firms
- Experienced in all stages, from early stage investments through multi-investor and late-stage financings, and IPOs
- Initiate introductions for our private equity fund clients by leveraging our significant relationships with the limited partner community, executives, entrepreneurs, and business owners
- Closely held and family-owned businesses, including ones owned for several generations
- Private equity community connections, including investment bankers, accountants, and other advisors
Areas of Focus
- Corporate transactions: M&As, joint ventures, commercial contracts, licensing, outsourcing agreements, international transactions, strategic alliances
- Debt financing: Structure and negotiate senior and subordinated debt and equity financing
- Employee, labor, and benefits counseling: Compensation agreements, noncompete protection, employee handbooks, immigration, union deferred compensation
- Financings: Growth equity, venture financings, IPOs, alternative public offerings, private placements, debt and equity structures, cross-border financings
- Fund formation: Private placement memorandums, limited partnership agreements, limited liability company agreements, investment advisory agreements, broker-dealer and investment advisor regulatory compliance
- Government relations: Lobbying and federal regulations
- Intellectual property: Patents, trademarks, technology transfer, privacy and security, copyright, licensing
- Management arrangements: Design and document executive compensation plans, including complex equity and incentive arrangements
- Tax structuring and advice: Structure transactions, minimizing tax on equity grants, ERISA matters