May 1, 2019 | Alert | By Abraham Reshtick, David Salamon
This articles outlines the Treasury Department’s second set of proposed regulations, released on April 17, 2019, for the implementation of the Opportunity Zone Program.
December 26, 2018 | Blog | By Cassandra Paolillo
As the year draws to a close, it’s clear that 2018 was another record year for private equity investment in health care. In its report on the top health industry issues of 2019, PWC’s Healthcare Research Institute recently highlighted the continued prevalence of private equity in health care transactions, and predicted even more private equity investment in the coming year. Below is an overview of the current and expected trends, as well as a few key considerations for private equity deals in the health care space.
October 31, 2018 | Alert | By Abraham Reshtick, David Salamon
This article outlines the Treasury Department’s initial guidance for implementation of the qualified opportunity zone tax incentive program, designed to encourage investment in low-income communities.
April 18, 2018 | Alert | By Scott Ford, Kurt Steinkrauss
Litigation financing has quickly grown from a fledging concept into a robust industry. The concept is simple: in exchange for a share of any proceeds, a financing firm agrees to pay all or a portion of the plaintiff’s legal fees.
April 24, 2017 | Alert | By Joseph Price
Ten considerations for closely held companies incurring debt in connection with minority investments by private equity sponsors, growth financing, or dividend recapitalizations.
December 8, 2016 | Alert
The prospect of unknown business risks between buyers and sellers is often a major hurdle in mergers and acquisitions deal negotiations. Neither side wants to assume responsibility for issues such as financial statement errors, taxes, contracts, intellectual property, or undetected compliance violations.
What You Need to Know Before Considering Selling Your Craft Brewery to a Macrobrewer or a Private Equity Firm
December 7, 2016 | Article | By Jeremy Glaser
Recently, there have been a number of sales of well-known and well-respected craft breweries to the major beer producers. In addition, there have been a smaller number of sales of craft breweries to private equity investors. Is one type of buyer better than the other from the perspective of the selling brewery?
September 19, 2016 | Alert
The Private Equity Practice has been getting an increasing number of calls related to the decision made earlier this spring (Sun Capital Partners III, LP v. New Eng. Teamsters & Trucking Indus. Pension Fund, 2016 US Dist. LEXIS 40254 (D. Mass. Mar. 28, 2016)).
March 1, 2016 | Alert | By Louis Froelich, Thomas Burton, Daniel DeWolf, Adam Gale
The SEC brought a record number of enforcement actions against investment advisers in 2015, resulting in approximately $4.2 billion in sanctions.1 This alert highlights current issues for private equity, venture capital and hedge fund managers and also summarizes certain key required annual filings.
January 28, 2016 | Alert | By Roy Gillig
The “Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes” (PATH) Act was recently signed into law, and two provisions in particular benefit venture capital, private equity, and other investors owning or planning to purchase a corporation.
Explore Other Viewpoints:
- Arbitration, Mediation & Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Class Action
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Product Safety
- Debt Financing
- EB-5 Financing
- Education & Nonprofits
- Employment, Labor & Benefits
- Energy & Sustainability
- Environmental Enforcement Defense
- Environmental Law
- FDA Regulatory
- Federal Circuit Appeals
- Financial Institution Litigation
- Government Law
- Health Care
- Health Care Compliance, Fraud and Abuse, & Regulatory Counseling
- Health Care Enforcement & Investigations
- Health Care Transactions
- Health Information Privacy & Security
- IP Due Diligence
- IPR's & Other Post Grant Proceedings
- Insolvency & Creditor Rights Litigation
- Insurance & Financial Services
- Insurance Consulting & Risk Management
- Insurance and Reinsurance Problem-Solving & Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- Investment Funds
- Licensing & Technology Transactions
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & Investigations
- M&A Litigation
- ML Strategies
- Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial Coverage & Reimbursement
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Prosecution & Strategic Counseling
- Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Private Client
- Private Equity
- Products Liability & Complex Tort
- Project Development & Finance
- Public Finance
- Real Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate, Construction & Infrastructure
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Securities & Capital Markets
- Securities Litigation
- Sports & Entertainment
- Strategic IP Monetization & Licensing
- Trade Secrets
- Trademark & Copyright
- Trademark Litigation
- Venture Capital & Emerging Companies
- White Collar Defense & Government Investigations