Narges Kakalia is the firm’s Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer. In that role, Narges leads the firm in developing and implementing its DEI strategy and goals, and is in charge of implementing thoughtful and innovative steps towards fostering a culture that values and celebrates difference, and ensures that every employee has an equal opportunity to succeed. By fostering a culture in which all individuals can bring their whole, unique selves to work, Narges will help Mintz bring multiple perspectives to each matter, thereby providing the highest level of client service and community engagement.
Prior to serving as the firm’s Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, Narges was a Member in the firm’s Litigation Practice, Vice Chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Program, a leader of the firm’s Women’s Initiative, and a member of the firm’s MIATTY (Minority Attorney) affinity group.
- Fordham University (JD)
- Oberlin College (BA)
- Represented Hexion Specialty Chemicals, an Apollo portfolio company, in a derivative action arising from Hexion’s failed merger with Huntsman Corporation. Won dismissal of the action.
Recognition & Awards
- Lawyers of Color: Nation's Best List of "Leading Attorneys with a Commitment to Promoting Diversity in the Legal Profession and Advancing Democracy and Equality in Marginalized Communities." (2019 - 2020)
- Crain's New York Business: Leading Women Lawyers in New York City, a list of 100 “women who juggle both distinguished careers and exceptional civic and philanthropic activities" (2018)
- New York Super Lawyers: General Litigation (2015 – 2018)
- Human Rights First: Pro Bono Star Award for Excellence in Legal Advocacy (2013
- New York Super Lawyers: Rising Star – General Litigation (2011 – 2014)
- Mintz Pro Bono Award (2008)
- Board Vice-Chair, Womankind