Narges has an active and varied commercial litigation practice. She handles an extensive range of matters, including those involving securities and other financial services litigation, insurance and risk management, corporate governance, legal ethics, and big data. Clients in the financial services and professional services sectors rely on her assistance with administrative, trial, and appellate cases and arbitrations before domestic and international panels. Her firm leadership roles include serving as Ombudsperson and Vice-Chair of Mintz’s pro bono practice.
Narges’s practice focuses on complex business disputes, with expertise in securities litigation, contracts, corporate governance, executive protection, insurance coverage and risk management. Throughout her career, Narges has generated practical solutions to complex legal and business problems. She has represented clients at the administrative, trial, and appellate levels, as well as in domestic and international arbitration.
Narges also advises clients on a number of issues including insurance and risk management, employment matters and non-competes, legal ethics, attorney-client privilege, and the risks, security and management of big data.
- Fordham University (JD)
- Oberlin College (BA)
- Represented the former directors of a US media company in a matter commenced by a litigation trustee. The trustee asserted claims that the former directors breached their fiduciary duties by failing to file for bankruptcy sooner to preserve assets for the benefit of the creditors. The case settled on favorable terms, requiring no monetary payments by our clients and no admission of liability.
- Successfully appealed decision dismissing investment funds’ action for legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty against former counsel.
- Represented institutional investors/bondholders in suit against auditors and directors and officers of an international conglomerate after bankruptcy.
- Advised a US-based international fund sponsor in properly structuring a complex risk program with regard to investment activity exposures, standardized indemnification agreements, and portfolio company risks.
- Represented institutional investors/bondholders in suit against indenture trustee after bankruptcy of bond issuer.
- Obtained an arbitration award of over $100 million on behalf of bondholders in an ICDR arbitration involving complex breach of contract and corporate veil-piercing issues;
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of a multinational bank of all claims in an action alleging violations of the Anti-Terrorism Act and Alien Tort Claims Act;
- Favorably settled CGL advertising liability coverage claim on behalf of Insured in ICC arbitration;
- Successfully defended C-Suite executives in civil actions alleging securities fraud;
- Successfully defended minority owners of an overvalued hedge fund in civil and regulatory actions after which no charges were brought against the clients;
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing all claims against an art museum that was sued for conversion of antiquities allegedly misappropriated approximately 100 years ago;
- Conducted various internal investigations arising out of anonymous allegations of fraud and securities fraud;
- Successfully defended several plaintiffs in multiple putative class actions alleging website inaccessibility and violations of the Americans With Disabilities Act; and
- Obtained post-deportation repatriation and asylum for pro bono client wrongfully deported by USCIS.
Recognition & Awards
- Included on Crain's New York Business Leading Women Lawyers in New York City (2018), a list of 100 “women who juggle both distinguished careers and exceptional civic and philanthropic activities."
- New York Super Lawyers: General Litigation (2015 – 2017)
- Pro Bono Star Award For Excellence In Legal Advocacy - Human Rights First (2013)
- New York Super Lawyers: Rising Star - General Litigation (2011 – 2014)
- Mintz Pro Bono Award (2008)
- Board Vice-Chair, Womankind