Bill’s legal work focuses on immigration and nationality law, as well as outbound emigration and related international law. Bill regularly represents clients in immigration matters before the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Labor, as well as before US and foreign consulates.
During law school, he served on the editorial board of the Houston Journal of International Law.
- University of Houston Law Center (JD)
- University of Michigan (MM)
- University of Central Arkansas (BME)
Recognition & Awards
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Labor & Employment: Immigration (2014)
- Best Lawyers in America: Immigration Law (2013 – 2020)
- International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers (2016 – 2019)
- Top Author in the semiconductor industry, JD Supra Readers' Choice Awards (2016)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
News & Press
June 10, 2019 | Alert | By William Coffman
February 19, 2019 | Alert | By William Coffman
November 15, 2018 | Blog | By William Coffman, Molly O’Malley
June 15, 2018 | Alert | By William Coffman
April 6, 2018 | Alert | By William Coffman
January 23, 2018 | Blog | By William Coffman
December 19, 2017 | Blog | By William Coffman
September 8, 2017 | Alert | By William Coffman
September 6, 2017 | Alert | By Susan Cohen, William Coffman
A. The Trump Administration rescinded the DACA program on September 5, 2017, but is phasing out the program over a six-month period that will end on March 5, 2018.