Ed focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, including disputes regarding real estate, fiduciary and white collar litigation. He has experience with preparing and arguing motions for state and federal court cases, legal opinions, and appellate briefs. Ed is an active member of the firm’s appellate practice group, advising a clients on all aspects of appellate strategy. He represents clients in several sectors, including real estate.
Prior to joining Mintz, Ed served as a law clerk to the Hon. David A. Lowy of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, assisting him with legal research and the drafting of opinions. Ed also served as a law clerk to then Chief Justice Scott L. Kafka and the Hon. Janis M. Berry, who is now retired, of the Massachusetts Appeals Court. Earlier, he was a law clerk to the justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court.
During law school, Ed served as a student attorney for the Boston College Legal Assistance Bureau’s Housing Law Clinic and as a summer intern for the New Hampshire Attorney General. Before attending law school, Ed worked as an account manager in the New York office of a California-based cybersecurity software company.
- Boston College (JD, cum laude)
- Lafayette College (BA, magna cum laude)
Recognition & Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star - Business Litigation (2019)
- Executive Committee Member, Supreme Judicial Court Advisory Committee on Massachusetts Evidence Law (2015 – present)
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association