Ed is an associate in the firm’s litigation section focused on representing clients in white collar defense, internal investigations, financial services litigation, fiduciary litigation, and complex commercial litigation. As a member of the Mintz FinTech, Blockchain, and Digital Assets practice, Ed counsels technology, digital currency, private equity, venture capital, and individual clients in a wide range of complex legal issues related to criminal and civil disputes, government investigations and regulatory compliance. He has experience preparing and arguing motions in state and federal court cases. Ed is also an active member of the firm’s appellate practice group, advising clients on all aspects of appellate strategy.
Prior to joining Mintz, Ed served as a law clerk to the Hon. David A. Lowy of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, assisting him with legal research and the drafting of opinions. Ed also served as a law clerk to then Chief Justice Scott L. Kafker and the Hon. Janis M. Berry of the Massachusetts Appeals Court. After graduating law school, Ed was a law clerk to the justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court.
During law school, Ed served as a student attorney for the Boston College Legal Assistance Bureau’s Housing Law Clinic and as a summer intern for the New Hampshire Attorney General. Before attending law school, Ed worked as an account manager in the New York office of a California-based cybersecurity software company.
- Represented CFO charged in $30+ million fraud scheme and secured disposition substantially more favorable than recommended by the Federal Guidelines. The sentencing judge remarked that he was “frankly surprised that [CFO’s] counsel was able to negotiate such a favorable agreement.”
- Representing two defendants charged with fraud in relation to the ongoing College Admissions prosecution.
- Represented Registered Investment Advisor in DOJ investigation.
- Guided appellate strategy and briefing resulting in a rare reversal of summary judgment ruling in Massachusetts Appeals Court on behalf of a major multinational insurer, involving liability claims amounting to $30 million. The case involved the application of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act exclusion and regulatory disclosure requirements related to its enforceability.
DOJ Issues Voluntary Self-Disclosure Policy for All United States Attorney’s Offices
February 24, 2023 | Blog | By Eoin Beirne, Cory S. Flashner, Edmund P. Daley, Nick A. LaPalme
The Rise of Whistleblower Tips (and Rewards) for Crypto Sleuths
February 17, 2023 | Blog | By Cory S. Flashner, Adam Sisitsky , Edmund P. Daley
Garland Memo May Provide White Collar Defendants Increased Opportunity for Negotiation While Updated Corporate Enforcement Policy Highlights the Importance the Department of Justice Places on Self-Disclosure, Cooperation, and Remediation
February 2, 2023 | Blog | By Eoin Beirne, Edmund P. Daley, Nick A. LaPalme
FINRA to Examine Broker-Dealer Crypto Communications
December 1, 2022 | Blog | By Cory S. Flashner, Edmund P. Daley, Christopher D'Aliso
RIAs Beware: The Pitfalls When Going Straight To The (Out)Source
November 3, 2022 | Blog | By Michael Pastore, Edmund P. Daley
NFTs: A Flash in the Crypto Pan or Virtual Gold? (Part 1)
August 2, 2022 | Blog | By Edmund P. Daley, Cory S. Flashner, Frank Gerratana
News & Press
Attorneys Note Rise In Cryptocurrency Whistleblowers
March 3, 2023
Who Will Be The Crypto Regulator And Why It Matters
December 2, 2022
Twenty-Eight Mintz Attorneys Named To Boston Magazine’s Top Lawyers List
November 22, 2022
Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America "Ones to Watch": Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: White-Collar (2022-2023)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star - Criminal Defense: White Collar (2022)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star - Business Litigation (2019-2021)
- Boston Magazine Top Lawyers – Commercial Litigation (2022)
- Committee Member, Supreme Judicial Court Advisory Committee on Massachusetts Evidence Law (2015 – present)
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association