Marguerite McConihe focuses her practice on the development and implementation of unique and effective strategies that maximize the value of her clients’ IP portfolios. Marguerite has more than a decade of experience counseling industry innovators and the world’s leading technology companies on high-value IP transactions. Known for her business acumen and ability to rescue stalled transactions, Marguerite develops a deep knowledge of her clients’ objectives to create tailored IP strategies. Marguerite has been recognized by IAM Strategy 300 as one of the leading global IP strategists.
Marguerite has an established record as one of the top tactical IP litigators with significant victories in both the International Trade Commission and federal courts involving semiconductors and other high technology devices, software, data, consumer products and digital media. Recognized by Best Lawyers in America as One to Watch and Patexia as the one of the Best Performing ITC Attorneys Representing Complainants, Marguerite brings a depth of experience and expertise to provide effective and tactical guidance on the protection, monetization, and maximization of a corporations’ most valuable assets.
International Trade Commission
- Certain Video Processing Devices, Components Thereof, and Digital Smart Televisions Containing the Same (II) (337-TA-1297) - Represented video codec company in enforcing video and streaming media patents before the ITC and in the District of Delaware. The case was revolved in a client-favorable license.
- Certain Video Processing Devices, Components Thereof, and Digital Smart Televisions Containing the Same (337-TA-1222) – Represented a video codec company in enforcing digital rights management patents before the ITC and in the District of Delaware. The case was revolved in a client-favorable license.
- Certain Semiconductor Devices, Products Containing the Same, and Components Thereof (II) (337-TA-1177) - Represented leading global semiconductor manufacturer in ITC and Texas district Court litigation against the worlds leading high technology device companies. The case was favorably revolved within 2.5 months of filing.
- Certain Semiconductor Devices, Integrated Circuits, and Consumer Products Containing the Same (337-TA-1149) – Represented foundry technology company as part of a global enforcement strategy to protect 5 asserted patents relating to semiconductor fabrication and packaging against largest semiconductor fabrication and technology companies. Simultaneous cases in U.S. District Court and as well as Germany and China as well as the ITC investigation were resolved favorably prior to the conclusion of discovery.
- Certain Graphics Systems, Components Thereof, and Consumer Products Containing the Same (337-TA-1044) – Represented leading global graphics and chip technology company asserting patents covering graphics processing technology employed by smart devices such as televisions and handsets. One global hand set and television company settled prior to the close of discovery and the ITC issued an exclusion order against the remaining companies, thereby excluding those companies products from the U.S. market.
- Certain Computing or Graphics Systems, Components Thereof, and Vehicles Containing Same (337-TA-984) – Represented owner of portfolio of graphics processing and microprocessor patents against automotive manufacturers, and infotainment system and chip suppliers. The investigation resolved favorably prior to the conclusion of expert discovery.
February 22, 2022 | Blog | By William Meunier , Peter Cuomo, Marguerite McConihe, Sean Casey
Benefits of and Best Practices for Protecting Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Inventions as Trade Secrets
February 10, 2022 | Blog | By Marguerite McConihe, Meena Seralathan
February 1, 2022 | Blog | By Jonathan Engler, Marguerite McConihe, Michael Renaud
Patenting Considerations for Artificial Intelligence in Biotech and Synthetic Biology – Part 2: Key Issues in Patent Subject Matter Eligibility
January 30, 2020 | Blog | By Terri Shieh-Newton, Marguerite McConihe
January 6, 2020 | Blog
September 30, 2019 | Blog | By Terri Shieh-Newton, Marguerite McConihe
News & Press
August 18, 2023
July 30, 2021
June 12, 2020
Events & Speaking
The Engine's Tough Tech Summit
Boston Bar Association
Recognition & Awards
- Ranked 13th by Patexia among the Most Active ITC Attorneys Representing Complainants (2023)
- Ranked 15th by Patexia among the Best Performing ITC Attorneys Representing Complainants (2023)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch - Patent Litigation (2024)
- Women’s Leadership Program, Boston Chamber of Commerce, Fellow
- American Bar Association, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Women’s Bar Association, Member