For companies, inventors, and individuals rich in intellectual property, traditional loans or equity financings are not the only way to raise capital. Royalties can be the means to help you fund your next project. We can help you set up a royalty stream by licensing your intellectual property to a company that has the established infrastructure necessary to market and sell it. Or we can help you sell your interest in a royalty stream to an investor in exchange for revenue. Either way you choose to do it, Mintz Levin’s IP attorneys have deep experience with these types of transactions as well as with a broad range IP of assets and technologies to safeguard your interests.
Our attorneys bring together inventors, R&D companies, and other holders of IP assets with investors active in royalty financings and companies that actively acquire intellectual property. Mintz Levin’s Intellectual Property Practice specializes in transactions involving royalty agreements and royalty financings. We can draw upon the depth of our practice and the insight of its attorneys, engineers, scientists, and other professionals with advanced degrees when representing you. Our clients include biotech companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device manufacturers, technology companies, and investors.
- Over $2 billion in royalty acquisitions and financings
- One of the few law firms that specialize in royalty acquisitions and financings
- Connect IP asset holders with investors and other businesses that acquire IP assets
- Attorneys, scientists, engineers, patent agents, and other professionals throughout the US, including former patent examiners
Areas of Focus
- Valuations and assessments
Rankings & Recognitions
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers (2014)
- Ranked Tier 1 nationally in Biotechnology Law
- Recognized for excellence by American College of Trial Lawyers, Chambers USA, Benchmark Litigation, and Super Lawyers