For research-driven companies, universities, academic medical centers, and other institutions that put a premium on innovation, it’s important to work with a firm that helps secure patent rights and provides guidance on how best to leverage those protections. Our attorneys will help you to obtain patents that reflect the technical details of your invention as well as your business plan.
Focusing on the unique aspects of your invention and your business goals, we will help you transform your ideas into a valuable product. Mintz Levin represents clients in all technical areas throughout the globe, helping them obtain and enforce the best patent protection available in each country. Our reach is virtually boundless, both in where our clients are located and where we can obtain and enforce patent rights.
- One point of contact for global patent procurement
- National and international practice
- Team consists of attorneys, patent agents, and other professionals, including former patent examiners
- Represent clients before the US Patent and Trademark Office, US Copyright Office, UK Patent Office, European Patent Office, in federal and state courts, and before regulatory and administrative agencies
- Experience in complex patent prosecution, including re-issues, re-examinations, interferences, oppositions, protests, and patent appeals
- Clients include public and private multinational corporations, hospitals, research centers, universities, early-stage companies, and individual inventors
Areas of Focus
- Energy and clean technology
- High technology
- Life sciences
- Medical devices
Rankings & Recognitions
- Ocean Tomo (2016)
- Patent Prosecution practice identified as among the 20 US practices producing the highest quality patents
- IAM Patent 1000 (2016)
- 5 patent prosecution attorneys recognized among the "World's Leading Patent Practitioners"
- Managing Intellectual Property (2016)
- 7 attorneys named "Patent Stars" and 2 named "Trademark Stars"
- Chambers USA (2016)
- Massachusetts Patent Practice recognized for its quality and 3 attorneys identified as leading practitioners in their fields
- Best Lawyers in America (2016)
- 5 IP attorneys listed in Boston and San Diego
- Super Lawyers
- 40 IP attorneys listed in California, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington, DC