Mintz Levin's interdisciplinary team of intellectual property, employment, and litigation attorneys deliver exceptional counsel and representation on issues related to protecting intellectual capital. We meet your needs with a full range of legal services, providing everything from risk avoidance and pre-employment counseling to the preparation of temporary restraining orders and — when necessary — representation in court, from preliminary injunction proceedings up through trial and appeal.
Our attorneys have experience litigating claims regarding unfair competition, breach of contract, and noncompete agreements, and have the technical capabilities and industry experience to litigate the very complex scientific and technology issues that are often at the core of trade secret disputes. Having successfully litigated myriad highly technical patent and trade secret cases, we have the demonstrated ability to describe complex technologies and present arguments that are clear and accessible to lay judges and jurors.
Areas of Focus
- Attorneys with substantial trial experience in multiple jurisdictions worldwide
- Multidisciplinary practice, including litigation, employment, and intellectual property attorneys
- Deep bench of technical talent
- Experience with all areas of trade secrets protection in a host of industries
- Prosecute, defend, and try trade secret and related patent cases in state and federal courts
- Counsel clients on unfair competition protections, including confidentiality covenants not to compete, nonsolicitation provisions, no-hire clauses, and other post-employment restrictions
- Advise on potential issues and proactive strategies
- Work with insurers on coverage issues relating to intellectual property and employment matters
Rankings & Recognitions
- IAM Patent 1000 (2016)
- Patent Litigation Practice and 7 attorneys recognized among the "World's Leading Patent Practitioners"
- IAM Strategy 300 (2015/2016)
- Division Head for IP identified among "The World's Leading IP Strategists"
- Chambers USA (2016)
- 3 IP attorneys identified as leaders in their respective patent fields, including the Division Head
- BTI Consulting Group's 2016 Litigation Outlook
- IP Litigation ranked in top 5% of all law firms by corporate counsel