Every significant enterprise must deal with disputes — and most businesses encounter them regularly. Our goal is to help you avoid these problems or, when that is not possible, to master them.
We help you put in place practical, effective, formal, and informal mechanisms for dealing with disputes. For example, we regularly become involved at the contracting stage to draft appropriate mediation and/or arbitration clauses. When disputes cannot be avoided, we focus first on your objectives in light of the legal, commercial, reputational, and other risks presented in each case. Our aim is to bring disputes to an early and successful conclusion.
Our active involvement in arbitration, mediation, and other methods of alternative dispute resolution means that we can bring creative thinking to solving both tactical and strategic problems along the way. That sort of agility is as useful in creating approaches to settlement as it is in devising advantageous procedural tactics.
- Deep experience as arbitrators and as advocates in arbitration, as mediators and as counsel in mediations, and as negotiators
- Acted in institution-administered arbitrations by the American Arbitration Association, the International Center for Dispute Resolution, the International Chamber of Commerce, the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, the London Court of International Arbitration, and the Singapore International Arbitration Center
- Acted in self-administered arbitrations under the Center for Public Resources Dispute Resolution Rules, UNCITRAL Rules, and other programs, and in ad hoc arbitrations
- Strong sector experience in life sciences, health care, financial services, and construction
Areas of Focus
- Finance and banking disputes
- Securities-related claims
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic alliances, partnerships, joint ventures, and other business combinations
- Business breakups
- Intellectual property, including patent, trademark, copyright, and technology licensing and transfer disputes
- Construction, engineering, and design
- Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Insurance and reinsurance
- Sales of capital equipment, commodities, etc.
- Service contracts
- Employment and executive compensation
- Fraud and investigations
- Political campaign fundraising
Rankings & Recognitions
- Attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers