We understand that litigation is not your business, but when a dispute arises, you need the best for your business. We appreciate that. That’s why we approach your problems with our aggressive drive and a strong sense of doing what’s best for you. We work with you to tailor a strategy that works for you. We deeply appreciate that often the best result for your business is an early resolution. But we also understand that no matter how diligent our efforts may be to resolve a case before going to trial, the most forceful strategy for resolving a case favorably is to let opponents know that we stand ready — if necessary — to win the case at trial. Our trial record unequivocally sends that message.
Mintz Levin litigators are well-known for their ability to take tough cases to trial and win. We excel in high-stakes litigation, because we have been there before. We have one of the largest and most distinguished litigation practices with a deep bench covering all aspects of complex business litigation. We work closely with lawyers in other disciplines to advise on key legal and industry matters that can impact your dispute resolution. We staff cases efficiently and work closely with clients to make sure that expectations and the cost of each phase of a case are met and satisfied. Our ultimate goal is to meet our clients’ business objectives, but always with the understanding that we are prepared to go to trial and have done so in virtually every jurisdiction in the country.
We have extensive experience litigating cases in areas such as commercial contract disputes, fiduciary duty, shareholder disputes, partnership disputes, and business torts. Our litigators also regularly handle class actions. In addition to our extensive trial experience, we resolve cases through arbitration, mediation, and alternative dispute resolution.
Mergers and acquisitions can prompt litigation regarding alleged failure to close transactions and securities fraud. We represent all parties involved including individual directors and officers, targets, and acquirers. We also represent clients against allegations concerning breaches of corporate fiduciary duty in a variety of contexts. Our litigators have extensive experience and success appearing in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
We also have a number of specialized practice groups with extensive experience in a number of areas.
- National reputation as a go-to firm for high-stakes litigation sealed by numerous significant victories
- Team members who have worked in law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies, including the SEC, DOJ, and offices of US attorneys, state attorneys, and state attorneys general
- Trial attorneys have appeared in trial and appellate courts and arbitration proceedings in 48 states and the District of Columbia as well as in international arbitrations
- Extensive Delaware court experience
- Significant experience in government investigations and regulatory compliance
- In-house Litigation Technology Group providing sophisticated and efficient IT support for discovery
Rankings & Recognitions
- Recognized for excellence by the American College of Trial Lawyers, Chambers USA, Benchmark Litigation, Best Lawyers, and Super Lawyers